Hello dear readers. Time for another tag for 12 Tags of 2013. When I first saw the tag that Tim had demonstrated I had an immediate vision of what I would create using some of the same techniques. But the reality of bringing it to life eluded me, lol. I always trust that my muse will be with me when the time is right. And that time was today and I made my tag with no vision at all this time. It was just some creative play time prompted by ideas that Tim Holtz used for his tag.
The background was brayed with Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Stains. Footsteps and text were then stamped onto the background using Archival Ink colours Aquamarine and Saffron.
My starting point for this months tag however, was these die cut alphas. During the month I’ve been messing about with my gelatin plate, experimenting with different ideas for a step thru tutorial and demo I’ll be doing soon. Out of curiosity I wondered what one of the prints would look like cut up with my Word Play Sizzix die. As I rearranged the letters to make different words and phrases I settled on an idea to use ‘style’ as my inspirtaion for the rest of the tag. I recut the letters I needed with grunge paper, glued the paper print on top and covered them with Rock Candy Distress Crackle.
I departed from Tims tags and went my own way with adding my ‘style icon’. I ‘dressed’ my Dance Card lady in some offcuts from the gelatin print scrap heap. I must admit I had a bit of fun trying different outfits for her to wear.
In a nod to Tim I did pull out the washi tape. And I also found a label from a sticker book to use as an embellishment. Two items I’m sure I’d never use without a prompt. And note to self – wear glasses when working with small stuff, lol. And true to my usual form I completely omitted any other form of embellishment of the metal and ribbon variety.
I will let you in a small personall challenge I have set myself. I’m not really an embellishment Grinch. They just don’t look right on my stuff, if you know what I mean. So…..I recently bought a couple of charms that I’m determined to find a use for on one of these tags in the near future. Certainly before the end of the year. It can’t be that hard!
As I used my gelatin prints for the making of this tag I’ll also be linking up with Gelli Print Party.