On Saturday morning my boyfriend asked me to make a sympathy card, to be delivered to the recipient for that very afternoon. My mind was already on the job for the card, but I was thinking I could have made it on Sunday for a Monday delivery. Busy as I was on Saturday, I didn’t have a big window of opportunity to make my card, but I already knew I wanted a relatively clean card and I wanted to use some of that pretty Prima paper I bought last week.
This was suppose to be a fifteen minute card, but it ended up taking a bit longer because I kept on making changes to some of the elements, as well as making several goof ups along the way. First I embossed the vine onto my Naturals Ivory card stock by Stampin’Up! I prefered the size of the Martha Stewart butterfly punch for this card, which I double layered and lifted the wings for a more dimensional look.
I wanted to sprinkle a couple of small flowers along the vine, and after a few false starts I finally hit upon the idea of punching the shape, using the circle pattern in the paper for the flowers feature.
The flower shape was then pressed over the end of a pen lid to create the turned up petals. This came about because I was getting pressed for time, I didn’t want to get more supplies (dimensionals) out, and glueing was a faster option since the glue pen was right in front of me. The little flowers are my favourite feature of this card.
At the writing of this post the card has already been delivered and was well recieved.