After a job interview today that had me crying before and after, and looking fragile inbetween, I went a bought myself some papers for a card I’ve been asked to make. The request was for pink and blue, so I came up with this card. As you can see I’ve gone off and done my own thing with pink and GREEN!!! It just about made itself, so who was I to try and change it’s destiny.
I used items from all sorts of places so I hope I don’t forget to mention them all. I’ll start with the top layer and work my way down.
- Bohemian Butterfly (All Night Media) stamped with Peony versacolor and embossed with Aurora Amethyst MoonGlow embossing powder. This was stamped and embossed three times on different patterned papers, cut out and layered.
- Background stamped with Baroque Motifs (Peony versacolor) and Fresh Fillers (Cyan versacolor), both by Stampin’Up
- Punched flowers with Kaiser Pearls.
- Peel-it stickers, altered with Bic Permanent Markers
- Patterned Papers – Fancypants (Twitterpated, First Date, Groovy)
- Card Stock – Pixie Pink (Stampin’Up)
- Sponged hightlights – Tempting Torquoise (Stampin’Up)
I had a very clear idea how I was going to make this card before I started so it all come together relatively quickly. I used Bic Permanent Markers on the gold peel-it stickers to alter the colour of them. I’m not a huge fan of the peel-it sticker, but since discovering that I can change the colour of them, I now have a respectable supply of them. I found a pack of eight pastel coloured Bic Markers down a Coles a couple of months ago and I just knew I had to have them just for the stickers. The pack sell for $8.99, a great price!!!
I know the intended recipient will love it – it’s just her thing. Hmmmm….. my mum would love this card too. I now know what I am making for my Mothers Day card!!!!!
A note about the buterfly stamp – I bought this for my mother last Christmas, and since she hasn’t used it as much as what I would have, I’ve temporarily moved it into my home for safe keeping. Tee hee.