One of the things that I have really enjoyed since becoming a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator is when I get together with other stampers and we get to play with our stamps. I had such a day yesterday.
As April is the start of the new catalogue year, there was plenty of new stuff to play with. New Stamp sets, new In Color inks and papers, new patterned papers and new tools!!!! Here is one of the cards we made and below are the list of items used to create it.
- Stamp Sets – Bronc Buster, Wanted -new!
- Card Stock – Creamy Caramel, Closo to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
- Ink – Creammy Caramel, Close to cocoa
- Outlaw Designer Series Paper – new!
- Photo Corner and Scallop Punches – new!
- Brads (unknown source).
I like the way elements from the stamp sets and papers work beautifully with tools such as the scallop punch. Takes some of the guess work out of the ‘Will this go with that?’ dilemma we can sometime face.
I’m very pleased with the way this next card turned out. I qualified for three free stamp sets when I made my first Stampin’ Start, and one of the sets I chose was Lovely as a Tree. I’ve had in mind to make a card with this set using the Brushless watercolour technique and this is what I came up with.
- Stamp set – Lovely as a Tree
- Card Stock – Chocolate Chip, River Rock (new), Blue Bayou (new).
- Inks – for trees Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke and sponged background with Blue Bayou (new), River Rock (new). Versamark.
- Brads (source unknown)
I’d made a similar card the day before, but this time, at my friends suggestion, the background was sponged. I love it!!
Thanks for a great day and inspiration Kirsty.